For creating your own Cosmos in Express 2013 you need the following:
- Visual Studio Express for C# or VB.NET
- installed Cosmos Kit(User Kit or compiled from checkout (Dev Kit))
- Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Isolated Shell)
In Visual Studio Express you create a library project, that contain your OS code, and a project for compiling your OS.
- Start Visual Studio Express 2013 and create a project named "Cosmos C# Library". This is the part of your OS for adding Code. Compile this project now for creating the DLL for later use. After that save it.
- (UNTESTED) Start your Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell and create a Project "Cosmos Project (Empty)". It contains a custom Project that use MSBuild with many tasks to create your OS. Save the project.
- Copy now the created library with name of your project in the folder of the build project under bin/Debug/ Thats needed else would the added reference in next step not found.
- Add now the reference to the build project and try to build. When you get a warning that the added assembly is not found, you get "No Kernel Found!".